[GRASS-user] Copying grass rasters from one computer to another?

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Tue Oct 24 10:48:07 EDT 2006

Jonathan Greenberg wrote:
> Hmm, the reason I ask is that I ran a "batch process" (r.sun for every day
> of the year for a large raster) distributed over 3 computers to speed it up
> -- I now want to merge all the outputs back into a single directory.  What
> would be the best way to do this?

So you have 3 mapsets with rasters you want to be stored in a single
mapset, the 4th one.

Make sure the 3 mapsets have unique names. Copy them into one location.
Create the 4th mapset. Enter the 4th mapset, copy all the needed
rasters from the other mapsets with g.copy. Remove the 3 mapsets if you
don't need them anymore.

Maciek