[GRASS-user] Copying grass rasters from one computer to another?

Jonathan Greenberg jgreenberg at arc.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 25 03:23:55 EDT 2006

So I was able to succesfully export the files from the windows box, but when
running the "r.unpack" into a MacOS X grass directory, I'm getting the
following error (I think this error is actually in r.in.mat, which is called
from r.unpack):

GRASS 6.3.cvs > ./r.unpack
/Volumes/Scarecrow/scratch/exported_rsun/ltbmu_rsun_beam_201.pack
The imported map will be named [ltbmu_rsun_beam_201].
WARNING: Only little endian MAT-File(v4) binaries have been tested so far!
         Probably won't work.
Reading MAT-File ..
ERROR: format [85563801]
Finished.

Thoughts?  Nothing gets imported, incidentally.

--j

On 10/24/06 6:29 AM, "Martin Landa" <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> http://bambi.otago.ac.nz/hamish/grass/r.pack
> http://bambi.otago.ac.nz/hamish/grass/r.unpack
>
> see http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_AddOns#Raster_add-ons
>
> Best regards, Martin
>
> 2006/10/24, Jonathan Greenberg <jgreenberg at arc.nasa.gov>:
>> If I want to copy specific grass rasters to another computer, what files
>> need to come along?  Is there project "metadata" that exists within a grass
>> project, or are the rasters fairly self-contained?
>>
>> --j
>>
>> --
>> Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD
>> NRC Research Associate