[GRASS-user] Installation problem

gotnidea! Business Development Centre gotnidea at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 03:51:30 EDT 2006

I have been trying to install GRASS on my Windows XP Service Pack 2 laptop
with 2 partitions. I am trying to install it on drive it on D drive which is
NTFS.

The installation process goes on smoothly, till I run the inst_grass batch
file. It gives message that I need to install MinGW first. But I have
already done so. Don't know what is the problem. Can anyone please guide me?

Earlier I installed GRASS on my C drive, but couldn't load any data. Since
it was FAT32 drive, I thought of working on my D drive. Both drives have
separate Windows XP SP2 installed. How can I install the GRASS on FAT32
drive?

thanks
Abhinav