[GRASS-user] odd question

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Oct 24 11:09:41 EDT 2006

David Forero wrote:
> Perhaps I'm missing something quite obvious, but I recently compiled the
> Grass 6.2 RC3 and I can't find many of the basic commands (eg g,copy,
> g.list, g.manual...) However there are many command still there (eg.
> g.access, g.ask, g.filename...).
>
> I looked through the source tarball and it appears that those commands
> don't have .c files and such.

They are in general/manage/cmd, except for g.manual which is a script is
therefore in the scripts/g.manual directory

> Am I doing something wrong when I
> download/compile Grass?

check error.log

> Or, have many of these commands been
> deprecated?

no

> Or am I not understanding something else?

Probably something went wrong during compile, but you have to check
error.log. Or go into general/manage/cmd, launch make and check for
relevant error messages.

Moritz