[GRASS-user] Which is the best forum/resource for GRASS starters?

gotnidea! Business Development Centre gotnidea at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 05:04:08 EST 2006

Dear All,

I think I have gotten into group of developers rather than mere users. Or
may be my questions are a bit trivial or out of context for most of you.

Well, while I certainly thank you all for your patience and quick response,
I think I am really a novice in an area for experts.

So, my first question is which is the forum of GRASS users particularly for
the starters and persons with little knowledge about GIS but do have a
desire to learn it. May be one could even guide me to a book? My problem is
that I am new to both GRASS as well as Linux world, and as I happened to
notice that GRASS can run on Windows, I went ahead to work on it.

Secondly I reiterate what I had asked in my last email:

I want to have a display like:
http://www.eicinformation.org/data/sampledata.asp?id=2

Is it possible on GRASS?? If at all it is not possible on a web page, can I
reproduce a similar map on my desktop, linking the data with SQL or even by
using the existing postgreSQL?

Thanks for all your help and patience once again.

regards

Abhinav