[GRASS-user] Interpolation with breaklines in GRASS?

Alexandre Leroux alexandre.leroux at ec.gc.ca
Tue Sep 12 09:46:08 EDT 2006

Hi list,

Does anyone knows if GRASS GIS can generate interpolations (e.g. idw)
with breaklines? Meaning interpolated cells (output data) do not
consider points (original data) if a breakline is crossed. It only
considers points which are in the line-of-sight. Is this the right way
to conceptualize breaklines?

I took a look at GRASS 6.0.2 and haven't found any way to specify
breaklines in r.bilinear or v.surf.idw. I also took a quick look to
GeoTools, but haven't found anything about breaklines either.

Any comments welcomed! Thanks.

Alex
http://slashgeo.org
--
Alexandre Leroux, M.Sc., Ing.
Environnement Canada / Environment Canada
alexandre.leroux at ec.gc.ca