[GRASS-user] polyconic projection issues

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 15:11:44 EDT 2006

hello, I am trying to create a location for South America data based
on a polyconic projection. I tried to use EPSG code 29101. The created
location has default boundaries and resolution like this:
north:      1
south:      0
east:       1
west:       0
cols:       1
rows:       1
e-w resol:  1
n-s resol:  1

 and units:
unit: metre
units: metres
meters: 1

Can  I work with degrees in this projection? I want to reproject some
SRTM_30PLUS data from a latlong location. Thanks

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke