[GRASS-user] Help combining raster and vector data into single raster image

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Sep 25 17:34:25 EDT 2006

Romy,

Try this...

-Use v.to.rast to create a rasterized version of your vector map. Make sure
that the areas between the vectors are Null (use r.null as needed)

-Use r.colors (and r.reclass/r.recode as needed) to make sure that the
vector items are the proper color.

-Use r.patch to fill in the null areas between the vectors with your raster
map, creating a new map with the rasters and vectors in a single raster
image.

Michael
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213