[GRASS-user] Viewsheds

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Wed Sep 27 02:37:01 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 20:39 -0300, PA Light wrote:
> Hi GRASS list,
>
> We are conducting some viewshed analyses at work. We have been using MF
> Works for this, but it appears as though it does not account for the
> curvature of the Earth. Before I recommend to my boss that we use GRASS for
> this, I wanted to confirm that r.los does, in fact, account for the Earth's
> curvature. Unfortunately, the online manpage makes no mention of it, so I
> was wondering if anyone can tell me if it does or doesn't.

No it does not account for earth curvature.  At least I hope not!  I use
it for modeling microwave RF propagation and I specifically do not want
earth curvature figured in.

An option to do so, would be nice.

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                      KB8UYR
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785