[GRASS-user] Odd vector point placement

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Thu Apr 5 01:23:55 EDT 2007

All,

I have a set of vector points captured as decimal latitude / longitude,
in a Mysql database.

I am looking at a point which in the Map display is showing in the wrong
place. In the database field, the point is captured as being at -21.133,
149.1833.
The point displays at the correct latitude, but at longitude 153.81 (at
least if I look at the map display with the mouse pointer!).

If I query the point, it shows the right lat/long, and the hundreds of
other points in the database seem to be coming up with the right spots.

Any thoughts?

Richard Chirgwin