[GRASS-user] GRASS for students

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Apr 17 10:58:09 EDT 2007

On 17/04/07 16:37, Dr. Manuel Seeger wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> this semester, I want to make a short introduction of GRASS for the
> students which shall apply it within their courses (determination of
> runoff and erosion in a mid-mountain range, we will do our practical
> work in Luxembourg). For this, they will use mainly the raster modules.
>
> The few things I know about grass I did it with the well known "do it
> yourself and ty with errors" method, so I think my knowledge is not
> really structured...
> Is there a comprehensive structure available for courses? Could it be
> possible to get some material for classes?

See

http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_Education_%28Free_GIS_education%29

and the GRASS literature published by GDF:

http://www.gdf-hannover.de/media.php?id=0&lg=en
(not completely up to date, especially in terms of GUI).

Finally, there is always the book:

http://mpa.itc.it/grassbook2/

Of which a third edition seems to be in a fairly advanced stage.

Moritz