[GRASS-user] MODIS US NDVI import/reproject problem

Steve Swanson archaeologist at asu.edu
Wed Apr 18 11:54:29 EDT 2007

I'm trying to subset the MODIS US NDVI composites and get it into UTM
in another mapset-- the metadata is not well documented, as has been
noted, but are apparently in Albers Equal Area Conic projection.  I
read through the archives and followed Marcus' suggestions for
changing projection info (spheroid and datum) and used r.in.gdal, but
the data come in UTM about 19.3km north of where they should be, may
be slightly off east-west, but can't tell for sure.  Has anybody
found a solution to working with these ddata in GRASS?

Steve

Steve Swanson, PhD Candidate
archaeologist at asu.edu
NSF IGERT Sr. Fellow, Urban Ecology