[GRASS-user] Errors applying color rules and -g flags in r.colors

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Apr 20 12:43:42 EDT 2007

Patton, Eric wrote:

> A while back I think I recall someone saying that they had implemented a
> C structure that would allow a color-picker to be used in Grass
> programs.

This is part of the Tcl/Tk GUI. Options which are marked as colours
can be set using a colour picker from within gis.m or within the
dialog generated by --ui. See the options in the Colors tab of d.vect
for an example.

> Would it be much difficulty adding this color-picker dialog to
> r.colors to assist in constructing custom color rules files? It seems to
> me that this module would be the ideal place to have such a feature.

This would need to be part of a separate application, rather than of
r.colors itself.