[GRASS-user] v.lrs.create usage?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sat Apr 21 18:21:48 EDT 2007

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 06:33:50PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there anyone who successfully used v.lrs.create? I am apparently
> lacking a hint to get it running. Currently it complains about
>  WARNUNG: start of 1. MP >= start of 2. MP for points' cats 31, 30
>
> How to populate the tables correctly?

After quite some debugging (luckily it's open source!) I
figured out the trick:

The start_mp/end_mp columns must be decimal (not integer as stated
in Radim's article which is probably slightly older than the implementation
in GRASS 6).

I have added a simple example to the manual page.
http://grass.itc.it/grass63/manuals/html63_user/v.lrs.create.html

You can try with a vector line and 3 points along this line (in
a separate map).

cheers
Markus

PS: Also updated related docs in 6.2-CVS