[GRASS-user] 32 bit OS .. 64 bit OS

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Fri Aug 3 09:57:51 EDT 2007

Markus Neteler wrote:
> Maciej Sieczka wrote on 08/03/2007 12:21 PM:

>> Ravi, are you referring to the fact that there is no generic 32bit
>> binary GRASS package on GRASS website, but only 64bit?

> If so, I don't know how to generate 32bit binaries on a (pure) 64bit
> machine as the GRASS server is. A way out would be that a community
> member auto-generates 32bit Linux binaries which I then auto-fetch
> every week.

Hi

After some reading I must say I'm to ignorant in this regard and won't
help much. If anybody is willing to take on this, I found 2 usefull
resources: "building 32bit app on 64bit system" [1] and "How to build
32-bit Wine on a 64-bit (x86-64) system" [2]. The latter is about Wine,
but it gives detailed instructions for several main distributions,
which could help.

[1]http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=570955
[2]http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit

Maciek