[GRASS-user] climate data

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Aug 6 07:29:27 EDT 2007

Jordi Haarman wrote on 08/06/2007 12:54 PM:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for climate data of France, Italy and Spain (temperature,
> sunshine, rainfall). When I asked for this info in irc someone said
> that I should ask this on this list cause somebody would probably have
> it (the name markus was mentioned)
that's funny :-) Yes, I am known (free) data hunter...

>  or know where to find it. Online
> the only thing I found was very global info:
>
> http://www.fao.org/waicent/faoinfo/sustdev/EIdirect/climate/EIsp0068.htm
>
> hope someone can help me. thx!

Check out these:
- GPCP - Global Precipitation Climatology Project
  gridded data
  http://precip.gsfc.nasa.gov/

- European Climate Assessment & Dataset project ECA&DECA&D
  station time series
  http://eca.knmi.nl/

- DAILY GLOBALSOD <- phantastic source!
  station time series
  http://ingrid.ldeo.columbia.edu/SOURCES/.NOAA/.NCDC/.DAILY/.GLOBALSOD/

Cheers
Markus
--
Markus Neteler  <neteler itc it>  http://mpa.itc.it/markus/
FBK-irst -  Centro per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica