[GRASS-user] climate data

marcos boullón magán marcosboullon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 08:33:42 EDT 2007

Hi,

Also check http://www.gaisma.com/en/

It provides info enough for large/medium locations: latitude,
longitude, time zone, local time, sunrise, sunset, dawn and dusk times
(table & graph), sun path diagram, insolation (kWh/m²/day), clearness
(0 - 1), temperature (°C) and wind speed (m/s).

>From the website:
"(...)Solar energy and surface meteorology data source: NASA Langley
Research Center Atmospheric Science Data Center
Accurac: Sunrise and sunset calculations are based on the algorithms
shown on National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Surface
Radiation Research Branch web site. For latitudes less than 72° north
and south, accuracy is approximately one minute. For latitudes greater
than 72° north or less than 72° south calculations are accurate to
within 10 minutes."

2007/8/6, Markus Neteler <neteler at itc.it>:
> Jordi Haarman wrote on 08/06/2007 12:54 PM:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am looking for climate data of France, Italy and Spain (temperature,
> > sunshine, rainfall). When I asked for this info in irc someone said
> > that I should ask this on this list cause somebody would probably have
> > it (the name markus was mentioned)
> that's funny :-) Yes, I am known (free) data hunter...
>
> >  or know where to find it. Online
> > the only thing I found was very global info:
> >
> > http://www.fao.org/waicent/faoinfo/sustdev/EIdirect/climate/EIsp0068.htm
> >
> > hope someone can help me. thx!
> >
> Check out these:
> - GPCP - Global Precipitation Climatology Project
>   gridded data
>   http://precip.gsfc.nasa.gov/
>
> - European Climate Assessment & Dataset project ECA&DECA&D
>   station time series
>   http://eca.knmi.nl/
>
> - DAILY GLOBALSOD <- phantastic source!
>   station time series
>   http://ingrid.ldeo.columbia.edu/SOURCES/.NOAA/.NCDC/.DAILY/.GLOBALSOD/
>
> Cheers
> Markus
> --
> Markus Neteler  <neteler itc it>  http://mpa.itc.it/markus/
> FBK-irst -  Centro per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
> MPBA - Predictive Models for Biol. & Environ. Data Analysis
> Via Sommarive, 18        -       38050 Povo (Trento), Italy

-- marcos boullón magán