[GRASS-user] module output redirection to file

M S mseibel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 12:23:23 EDT 2007

If i do something like this in the grass terminal:
g.version > version

i get the grass version in a text file.  However, I would like to capture
the output from r.lake into a text file and grab the lake geometry
parameters.  Is there a reason this would not put the terminal output into a
file?  I get an empty output file, and the module output still goes to the
terminal.

r.lake dem=surface wl=37 lake=lake37 seed=seedMap > lakeFile

as icing on the cake, it would be nice to only grab the lines with the word
"Lake" with grep.
r.lake dem=surface wl=37 lake=lake37 seed=seedMap | grep Lake > lake37File

Something simple perhaps I am overlooking?