[GRASS-user] Associating attributes from Postgres file with a key other than cat

Turner, James James.Turner at kronos.com
Thu Aug 9 12:46:13 EDT 2007

The problem is that the e00 file isn't in the Postgres database.
Basically, I imported the e00 file into dbf "normally" using the gui,
then tried to attach the Postgres table as attributes of the data from
the e00 file I imported.  But because the key field from the e00 file
(cat) doesn't exist in the Postgres table, I can't associate the data
based on the field they do share in common (zipcode).

I suppose I could have imported the e00 into Postgres, instead of dbf,
in which case the strategy you describe would work.

James M. Turner
Senior Software Engineer - Kronos Labs
Kronos, Inc.

2 Omni Way, Chelmsford, MA 01824
(w) 978-947-4108, (c) 603-552-2020, (f) 978-256-2477
jamesturner at kronos.com

ZTCS