[GRASS-user] winGRASS 6.2.2 and 6.3.cvs

Luigi Ponti lponti at infinito.it
Sat Aug 18 08:51:23 EDT 2007

Ted Nebitko wrote:
> Native winGRASS 6.3.cvs (wingrass63_cvs20070801, 01-Aug-2007).
>
> I get the following error in the start-up script after pressing "enter
> grass" on placing location and mapset numbers in the opening gui
> (using grass63.bat)
>
> ERROR: program 'g.gisenv' cannot be executed because: Neither a
> command line (cmd) or interactive (inter) version was found.
> mail: not found while executing "exec g-gisenv get=GISDBASE" invoked
> from within
> "set env(GISDBASE) [exec g.gisenv get=GISDBASE]"
> (file "d:/grass/grass-6.3.cvs\etc\gm\gm.tcl" line31)
>
> Were you able to start this native wingrass version without problems?

Yes Ted,

It worked fine for me.

I noticed that you have the grass folder in D:\. The only thing I can
think of is the advice included in the README file
http://moritz.homelinux.org/grass/wingrass/README, which says "You might
want to uncomment and adapt some of the environment variables in
grass/bin/grass63.bat, notably WINGISBASE if you did not unzip the
package it in C:\". But off course you already took care of that.

Regards,

Luigi