[GRASS-user] v.surf.nnbathy

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 18:13:19 EDT 2007

Luigi (and everyone else)

can you try this version?

I must be going crazy or something. Apparently, I did the changes in
r.surf.nnbathy back when I started that thread you cited, about a
month ago.. but I forgot to test it and submit it..

I did a fast test here and it worked fine, with a 3D vector points layer.

hope it works!

cheers

Carlos

On 8/22/07, Luigi Ponti <lponti at infinito.it> wrote:

>  Carlos: Thanks for your prompt reply.
>
>  I am using r.surf.nnbathy 1.9, 2007.01.02, and if I don't enter any raster
> name, it complains:
>
> ERROR: Raster map not found
>  How can the script work if I don't give it an input name? I did not
> understand what is the "second option" you mentioned in your message, so I
> am asking whether the following command line corresponds to what you mean:
>
> r.surf.nnbathy input= output=3D_vector_name alg=nn
>  Sorry for my bad intuition and thanks again,
>
>  Luigi
>

>  Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann wrote:
>  Luigi, I just went to look at r.surf.nnbathy, and we _can_ use it to
> interpolate 3D vector points.
> just don't enter any raster, and use the second option, for a 3D vector.
>
> works well, and it is fast.
>
> cheers
>
> Carlos
>

> On 8/22/07, Luigi Ponti <lponti at infinito.it> wrote:
>

>  Dear list,
>
> Is there any working version of v.surf.nnbathy around? From this recent post
> http://www.nabble.com/do-not-export-categories-with-v.out.ascii-t4142590.html
>
> it did not sound like an impossible thing. I am looking to replace
> v.surf.idw with a more robust interpolation method (natural neighbour?)
> in my mapping routine -- my input is scattered 3D vector points. I am
> just checking to see if somebody else already did it before trying to
> modify r.surf.nnbathy myself (I am not really a programmer).
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Luigi

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Visiting Researcher at Kingston University London - UK
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke

Can't stop the signal.