[GRASS-user] New wiki addons script: r.game_of_life

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Fri Aug 24 10:57:40 EDT 2007

Hi Hamish,

I tried your script with type set to 2d_life, and it seemed to run fine, but I closed the monitor before the script finished (brief aside: does the script actually end at some point, or does it run basically forever?) which seemed to make it hang. I had to kill it the process from the command line. Sorry I don't remember what output was printed to the terminal, if any. If I restart the script and try to run it again, I get the message:

"ERROR: Please remove all memories from past life first:
count.222
life.222"

Logging out and restarting Grass doesn't seem to help; the same message appears.

~ Eric.