[GRASS-user] Looking for a Grass equivalent to ESRI'sFocalmean(grid, ANNULUS, irad, orad)

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Fri Aug 31 23:22:34 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 17:15 -0700, Moskovitz, Bob wrote:
> Hi Glynn,
>
> I was just looking at the CVS version of r.neighbors but didn't see where I can specify use an arbitrary neighbourhood shape unless it has something to do with the weight=string option.  Unfortunately the documentation doesn't mention how to use it.

That would be Glynn's documentation skills at work. :-)  I'll try to
correct that.

Yes, you use the 'weight=' option.

> So, with r.neighbors, how would I annulus shape neighbourhood shape?

r.neighbors in=input.map out=output.map size=3 weight=weight.file

weights.file should contain something along the lines of:
3 3 3 1 4 8 9 5 3

> Thanks for your help!
> Bob
>
> Bob Moskovitz
> Seismic Hazard Zonation Project
> California Geological Survey
> http://gmw.consrv.ca.gov/shmp
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This message contains information from the State of California, California Geological Survey, which may be privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

BTW, you're sending to a public and well replicated list.  There is no
such thing as express or implied confidentiality here. :-)

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                    KB8UYR/6
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785