[GRASS-user] Qgis per Windows: problemi con r.out.gdal

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sat Dec 1 06:59:34 EST 2007

G. Allegri wrote:
> Hi Markus,
> the pc I was using has Qgis 0.9.0.26 for Windows.
> The raised error is
> "ERROR 6: SetColorTable only supported for Byte or UInt16 bads in Tiff format".
> I get the same with r.out.gdal from Grass on my Ubuntu.
>
> The resulting tiff appears uncorrect, with lot of blank areas...
> This is what I get in coth cases:
> http://www.geospatial.it/allegri/img/aspect_out.JPG
>
> If I try with r.out.tiff it alerts me that decimal values will be
> rounded to integer values, but the otuput seams correct...

You can use the "old", shell script version of r.out.gdal,
in 6.3 available as r.out.gdal.sh. It is slower but
reliable. Most importantly IMHO it's free from the bug
present in the C r.out.gdal version, that it sets NoData
wrong, corrupting the output raster [1].

[1]http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=204&aid=405&group_id=21

Maciek