[GRASS-user] footprint of a given volume of water.

Jeroen Wortel j.wortel at orange.nl
Sat Dec 1 10:11:19 EST 2007

Hi Matthew,

I would use r.mapcalc and calculate water volume slices from the deepest
point of your basin in, say, 1 meter steps. As the resulting volume
exceeds Y cubic meters of water (your threshold), you know how high your
dam should be. This can be easily scripted. You can adjust the step size
(1 meter) according to your accuracy needs.

-Jeroen.