[GRASS-user] Re: thematic vector map with non-numeric field values

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Sun Dec 2 17:25:50 EST 2007

>> how do I disply a thematic map in GRASS for vector attributes that don't have
>> numeric values?
>
> I'd suggest QGIS. Load a GRASS vector, enter it's
> properties, in 'Symbology' tab use 'Legend Type: Unique Value'.
Yes, I used that.
But QGis reacts kind of slowly. Therefore, I wanted to do it in GRASS
natively.
To my humbly opinion a desktopn GIS should have this feature
out-of-the-box. QGIS has it, gvSIG has it. Why is it difficult in GRASS?

The solutions presented above are inflexible workarounds.

Can we have this a wish for the next GRASS version?

Kind regards,
Tim