[GRASS-user] setting output nodata values in grass

Jamie Adams dickeya at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 15:09:01 EST 2007

Hello all,

I've been processing quite a bit of terrain data in GRASS and am having an
issue with output nodata values..  Is there anyway to set the output nodata
value when exporting a raster?

I use r.in.xyz to load gridded data, and then export it to GTiff using
r.out.gdal.  The output file ends up with a float for null areas, something
like "NoData Value=-9.99999993381581e+36".  I'd like to set it too something
simple like "-9999".  I can use "r.null map=blah null=-9999", but then the
metadata "NoData" flag doesn't get set.

Is there a way to specify a specific nodata value, either for internal
storage, or as a metaopt for r.out.gdal?  I'm trying to get the import /
export pipeline down to the least amount of steps possible.

Thanks,

Jamie