[GRASS-user] Inverse PCA in GRASS

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Thu Dec 6 22:23:40 EST 2007

Michael and Dylan,

Thanks for the response.

The image fusion method that we are trying to implement on GRASS
is briefly described in the paper below and also quite a few
others that I have skimmed through.

Multisensor image fusion in remote sensing: concepts, methods
and applications by POHL and VAN GENDEREN

http://www.cnr.berkeley.edu/~bingxu/UU/spatial/Readings/Pohl1998IJRS.pdf

I had also not heard of Inverse PCA before and was thinking
the the method suggested by Dylan would be adequate.
But, there seems to be more to it than I can comprehend at
this moment, so I am trying by doing some excersise on
PCA based image fusion in GRASS. Will try to look into
the algorithm suggested by Michael too.

Kind regards

Venka