[GRASS-user] Problem with d.vect

Etsushi Kato ek.kato at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 06:49:38 EST 2007

Hi,

I have a problem in drawing the full resolution data of Global
Self-consistant Hierarchical High-resolution Shorelines (GSHHS)
dataset with grass-6.3csv.

When invoking "d.vect gshhs_f", a monitor window x0 suddenly closed
and following message is displayed in the console window.

GRASS 6.3.cvs (global_shoreline):\w > d.vect gshhs_f
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

I have tried grass-6.3cvs snapshot_2007_12_01 and snapshot_09_29, and
both version shows the same problem, tested on Mac OS X and Fedora 8.

With grass-6.2.2, it shows the map without problem.  Curiously (?),
intermediate resolution version (gshhs_i) displays fine even with
grass-6.3cvs.  Is there any know problem with d.vect in grass-6.3csv?

P. S.

The input data I use is a standard ASCII format file extracted from
gshhs_1.5 which can loaded with v.in.ascii, and it file size is about
51MB.   I've tried uploading this on GFORGE tracker, but failed...  Is
there any way to send the file to the developers?

Cheers,
--
Etsushi Kato
ek.kato at gmail.com