[GRASS-user] Description of WILDFIRE

Ljiljana Bodrožić ljiljana at fesb.hr
Mon Dec 10 07:09:17 EST 2007

These  modules are performing rate of spread calculationons for each
cell based on Rothermel equation for rate of spred (r.ros) and then
performing 2D eliptical spread simulation.

Fuel model used in this module is 13 category model defined by Anderson
and described in
http://www.firemodels.org/downloads/behaveplus/publications/Anderson_INT-122_1982.pdf

I am using the module in my work, but I am using grass 5.7 becouse when
I use higher version of grass the r.spread freezes, and I still didn't
get the answer why.

If you notice that the new version  of grass is performing r.spread
without failure please let me know :)

best regards

Ljiljana Bodrozic
Department for modeling and inteligent systems
Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Naval
Architecture
University of Split