[GRASS-user] Re: Problem with d.vect

Etsushi Kato ek.kato at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 03:58:12 EST 2007

On Dec 10, 2007 8:49 PM, Etsushi Kato <ek.kato at gmail.com> wrote:
> When invoking "d.vect gshhs_f", a monitor window x0 suddenly closed
[...]
> With grass-6.2.2, it shows the map without problem.  Curiously (?),
> intermediate resolution version (gshhs_i) displays fine even with
> grass-6.3cvs.  Is there any know problem with d.vect in grass-6.3csv?

After some investigations, I think this may be a problem related
XDRIVER since drawing the vector data on PNG file works fine (using
"d.mon start=PNG").  There seems to be a socket problem with XDRIVER
on grass-6.3cvs.

>  g.gisenv set=DEBUG=1
> d.mon x0
> d.vect gshhs_f
D1/1: display areas:
D1/1: Vect_Rewind(): name = gshhs_f
WARNING: Monitor <x0>: Caught SIGPIPE
GRASS 6.3.cvs (global_shoreline):\w > X connection to :0.0 broken
(explicit kill or server shutdown).

Any suggestion?

Cheers,
--