[GRASS-user] Deleting Project Locations

Kurt Springs ferret_bard at mac.com
Fri Dec 21 08:44:25 EST 2007

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.  I traveling home yesterday.

Here is the strange part.  I created the locations on my G4 laptop a
few days a ago and wanted to delete them.  When I launched GRASS-6.3
again I got the following message in Terminal:

kurt-springs-powerbook-g4-17:~ kurtsprings$ '/Applications/Grass/
GRASS-6.3.app/Contents/MacOS/grass.sh'; exit
Rebuilding Addon HTML manual pages index...
Rebuilding Addon menu...
Cleaning up temporary files.....
access: No such file or directory
ERROR: LOCATION << /Users/kurtsprings/grassdata/Connaght_Ulster >> not
        available
Starting GRASS ...

I also got a pop up window with the heading "WARNING: invalid location"
!   Warning: location <Connaght_Ulster> at GISBASE </Users/
kurtsprings/grassdata> is not a directory or does not exist.

When I put it back it is happy.  I have another location called
Connaught_Ulster that I can move to the trash without any problems
that I created at the same time.  I was not able to create a
projection for the Connaght_Ulster location and GRASS does complain
about that when ever it it is launched (which is why I want to delete
it).   Could that have something to do with it?

Also, I tried removing locations from my big computer at my apartment
without any trouble.

Any ideas.

Kurt