[GRASS-user] Deleting Project Locations

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Dec 21 09:24:59 EST 2007

Yes, it will remember the last location you had open, and give you
this "error".  But it should be harmless, and after picking a new or
existing location to open you shouldn't get the error the next time.

Is GRASS not starting after getting this error?  Do you not get the
open/create location screen?

On Dec 21, 2007, at 7:44 AM, Kurt Springs wrote:

> Sorry it took so long to get back to you.  I traveling home yesterday.
>
> Here is the strange part.  I created the locations on my G4 laptop a
> few days a ago and wanted to delete them.  When I launched GRASS-6.3
> again I got the following message in Terminal:
>
> kurt-springs-powerbook-g4-17:~ kurtsprings$ '/Applications/Grass/
> GRASS-6.3.app/Contents/MacOS/grass.sh'; exit
> Rebuilding Addon HTML manual pages index...
> Rebuilding Addon menu...
> Cleaning up temporary files.....
> access: No such file or directory
> ERROR: LOCATION << /Users/kurtsprings/grassdata/Connaght_Ulster >> not
>       available
> Starting GRASS ...
>
> I also got a pop up window with the heading "WARNING: invalid
> location"
> !   Warning: location <Connaght_Ulster> at GISBASE </Users/
> kurtsprings/grassdata> is not a directory or does not exist.
>
> When I put it back it is happy.  I have another location called
> Connaught_Ulster that I can move to the trash without any problems
> that I created at the same time.  I was not able to create a
> projection for the Connaght_Ulster location and GRASS does complain
> about that when ever it it is launched (which is why I want to
> delete it).   Could that have something to do with it?
>
> Also, I tried removing locations from my big computer at my
> apartment without any trouble.
>
> Any ideas.
>
> Kurt
>

> On Dec 19, 2007, at 8:41 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> It *should* be as simple as dragging them to the trash.  How is
>> that not working?
>>

>> On Dec 19, 2007, at 7:21 PM, Kurt Springs wrote:
>>
>>> I have a number of project locations that I want to delete.  I am
>>> running OS X 10.4.11.  I just figured out that it isn't as simple
>>> as dragging them to the trash.  Do you use unix commands in
>>> Terminal, or does this have to be done within GRASS itself?
>>>
>>> Kurt
>>
>> -----
>> William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos*at*kyngchaos*dot*com>
>> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>>
>> First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket
>> filled with hyena offal?
>> Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head
>> in a bucket filled with hyena offal?
>> First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?
>>
>> -HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what
does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin