[GRASS-user] Watershed delineation

Jaime Carrera jaicarrerahdez at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 28 13:02:17 EST 2007

Hi Daniel,

Well, r.watershed does have a logic behind the way in the numbering scheme. What you can do is wait for r.watershed to end and then using its watersheds delimit the r.terraflow watersheds.
By the way, if you want to delineate the watersheds, it's better to run r.watershed on smaller areas (and using a larger threshold) a couple of times; you'd only have to wait at most a couple of hours. Then patch the maps and create your watersheds (using also r.terraflow's output); I did this for a 9600 km2 basin.

Jaime

r.terraflow and the logic in the numbering scheme but could not find
anything. Could some kind soul brieflly explain the logic behind it?

 I did find a message between Dylan and Hamish last year about joining
the basins output from r.terraflow. Basically trya mixture of r.drain,
v.extract or r.flow..

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.user/15113/match=terraflow+logical

Hamish, have you tried using r.drain to connect the smaller basins?

I tough about using r.terraflow with the D8 option and the use the
flow direction output with r.water.outlet. Is that possible?
Unfortunatelly I can't test it here because r.watershed is still
running (+2 days) and I don't want to stop the process now that it
reached 50%...

Cheers
Daniel

http://correo.espanol.yahoo.com/