[winGRASS] Re: [GRASS-user] Re: Xganim errors in WinGRASS

yuri bay ksh_wong at msn.com
Thu Feb 8 06:27:19 EST 2007

Glynn,

I am currently actively using winGRASS for my work because I could not
afford the ridiculously expensive suit like the ArcGIS Desktop.  I have
tried ArcGIS demo and with GRASS and winGRASS current ability has already
surpassed ArcGIS Desktop in some areas.  I would also like to find out 'How
To' and 'How Easy' we can extend winGRASS, in terms of adding
functionalities, whether it is the interface/menu functions, or algorithms
used to solve let say, network analysis problem.

>1. use the native version on a day-to-day basis, in spite of its
>current "alpha" quality, and
>2. take responsibility for getting any issues resolved.
>
>Point #2 doesn't necessarily mean that they need to fix any and all
>bugs themselves, but they will need to provide meaningful bug reports,
>apply and test any proposed fixes, etc.

I am more than happy to be part of the group to continuously providing bugs
but as for testing fixes I am afraid with my humble (none!) knowledge on C
and linux and software building and compiling, I could not help much.
Having said that, I would be happy to help if members are willing to provide
explanation on the detail steps involves in testing fixes in window terms,
i.e. they do not really need to explain everything on the fixes / codes,
just the steps on what/where/how to compile and test.

Thanks

Best Regards
Casey