[winGRASS] Re: [GRASS-user] Re: Xganim errors in WinGRASS

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Feb 8 14:16:48 EST 2007

yuri bay wrote:

> I am currently actively using winGRASS for my work because I could not
> afford the ridiculously expensive suit like the ArcGIS Desktop.  I have
> tried ArcGIS demo and with GRASS and winGRASS current ability has already
> surpassed ArcGIS Desktop in some areas.  I would also like to find out 'How
> To' and 'How Easy' we can extend winGRASS, in terms of adding
> functionalities, whether it is the interface/menu functions, or algorithms
> used to solve let say, network analysis problem.

Note that we already have a usable Windows version using Cygwin (and
there's no real reason why that version can't include xganim; it's
just that the person who built the binary package didn't enable Motif
support, which xganim requires).

It's the "native" Windows version which is currently still at an
"experimental" stage. Once it's "ready", the native version should be
a better option for most users, as Cygwin has problems of its own.