[winGRASS] Re: [GRASS-user] Re: Xganim errors in WinGRASS

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 20:52:43 EST 2007

Glynn Clements wrote:
> Note that we already have a usable Windows version using Cygwin
> (and there's no real reason why that version can't include xganim;
> it's just that the person who built the binary package didn't enable
> Motif support, which xganim requires).
>
> It's the "native" Windows version which is currently still at an
> "experimental" stage. Once it's "ready", the native version should be
> a better option for most users, as Cygwin has problems of its own.

.. there is no usable 6.2.x cygwin binary; if someone understands how to
compile GRASS for cygwin, chances are they already have access to a UNIX
machine somewhere already. For everyone else on windows there's a choice
between an out of date development snapshot build for cygwin, and the
experimental MSys development snapshot build ..

noisy,
Hamish