[GRASS-user] r.to.vect problem

Tyler Smith tyler.smith at mail.mcgill.ca
Thu Feb 8 17:50:01 EST 2007

Hi again,

I have a bunch of raster maps that I want to convert to vectors. I
think...

I have 8 raster maps, produced by Maxent. The pixels in the map have
values of 0-100. I want to quantify the area that has pixels with
values > 5, and also the pair-wise overlap between all 8 maps.

I thought it would make sense to convert each map to a shapefile, and
then get the overlap with v.overlay. However, r.to.vect doesn't appear
to allow for selecting a range of values to turn into an area. Is
there a way to do this? If not, is there a better way to approach my
problem?

I did try:

r.to.vect input=aestivalis_model output=aest_shape1 feature=area

but this didn't work well. It looks like I've got one huge area that
covers the entire region, except that it stops after filling in the
top 1/5 of the display.

Thanks.

--
Regards,