[GRASS-user] r.to.vect problem

Tyler Smith tyler.smith at mail.mcgill.ca
Thu Feb 8 18:43:06 EST 2007

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 06:50:01PM -0400, Tyler Smith wrote:
> I thought it would make sense to convert each map to a shapefile, and
> then get the overlap with v.overlay. However, r.to.vect doesn't appear
> to allow for selecting a range of values to turn into an area. Is
> there a way to do this?

Aha! Since sending this first message I have discovered that my new
favourite function, r.null, can be used to 'NULL'-ify the 0-5 part of my
raster, making the rest available for vectorization. So I've got my
answer, and can continue working toward the ultimate solution.

Sorry for the bother.

--
Regards,

Tyler Smith