[GRASS-user] r.fillnulls in the latest cvs version doesn't work appropriately

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Feb 9 09:57:25 EST 2007

Hamish wrote:

> > r.fillnulls in the latest cvs version doesn't work appropriately.
> >
> > GRASS 6.3.cvs (polska_srtm):~/grass > r.fillnulls input=N49E018
> > output=N49E018_fill tension=40. smooth=0.1 Locating and isolating NULL
> > areas...
> >  100%
> > WARNING: Use the -m flag in combination with other print flags.
>

> That is due to a bug in g.region.
>
> LatLon:> g.region -gm
> WARNING: Use the -m flag in combination with other print flags.
> (and no result)
>
> -g implies that you want output. You shouldn't have to add -p as well.
> I still don't fully understand the logic of why it was changed.

The idea was that the choices of what to print and how to print it are
orthogonal.

There should be a fallback so that if you don't specify *what* to
print, -p should be assumed. However, the code which is meant to do
this isn't sufficiently general; it treats -g as -gp and -gz as -gzp,
but doesn't add -p in other cases which might need it.

Rather than having one variable (print_flag), there should be two: one
for the "what" and another for the "how". If the "what" is empty, it
should add -p.