[GRASS-user] Regarding 2D Simulation Animation in Native WinGRASS!

yuri bay ksh_wong at msn.com
Fri Feb 9 11:09:57 EST 2007

Hi all,

I am desparately in need of your help and advice.  Previously I have started
a very good round of discussions by enquiring about the Xganim function in
native binary WinGRASS.  Now I need to focus on getting a simulation model
running, with some basic animation.  My objective is to make a point/marker
to move from one location to another on a path on a street map, i.e. vector
animation.  I have tried Xganim, d.slide.show and d.mon, none can work! My
questions are:

1) Can this be done by updating the attribute table and refreshing native
WinGRASS screen?? How??

2) Is there an easy way to do 1)?

3) As a contigency plan, can I install a Cygwin winGRASS and use it along
the native WinGRASS that I already have?

I would be grateful if you could give me some pointers on this as I really
need your advice.

Many thanks

Best Regards
Casey Wong