[GRASS-user] Re: Need uninstall native winGRASS for 6.2 Cygwin winGRASS??

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sun Feb 11 15:51:33 EST 2007

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007, yuri bay wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do I need to uninstall my current winGRASS native binary version if I want to
> install the 6.2 Cygwin winGRASS?

I would say probably not, as long as you make sure there are no MinGW or
Msys directories left over in your PATH environment variable - the Cygwin
versions of the Unix-style utilities should be the only ones accessible
when you're using Cygwin. I think when you start the Cygwin shell it
inherits the Windows PATH - so just make sure there is no Mingw or Msys
stuff in there. If you want to use the Msys GRASS again you could change
the PATH if necessary.

Paul