[GRASS-user] Re: Cygwin winGRASS 6.2 Errors!

yuri bay ksh_wong at msn.com
Tue Feb 13 12:24:21 EST 2007

To Hamish and everyone,

>From: Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com>
>To: "yuri bay" <ksh_wong at msn.com>
>CC: grassuser at grass.itc.it, wingrass at grass.itc.it
>Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] Re: Cygwin winGRASS 6.2 errors
>Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:34:17 +1300
>
>yuri bay wrote:
> >
> > I have encountered the following error when I first time invoked the
> > Cygwin  winGRASS 6.2 after I have successfully installed it.  I am
> > using both native  binary and the new cygwin 6.2 winGRASS.  I have
> > copy and past my GRASSDATA  dir into cygwin directory so that I can
> > access the same data using cygwin  winGRASS.  But when I have selected
> > the correct directory and mapset, the  following error occured on the
> > xwindow:
> >
> > GRASS 6.2.1 (L_UK):~ > child process exited abnormally, by using gis.m
> > on the xwin will give the same error.
>
>what does it say if you type "g.region -p" at that prompt?
>
>"d.mon x0" ?
>"gis.m" ?

With gis.m or "gis.m" the results are the same, child process exited
abnormally
With d.mon x0, a monitor is activated.
With g.region -p, there is no respond or error

and for all the child process errors shown on the Xwindow, the errors shown
in the Cygwin command prompt is:

winMultiWindowxMsgProcErrorHandler - Error: Badwindow (invalid Window
parameter)

What seem to be the problem?? why can I open a mapset within a location in
the grass_data directory when they are properly configured?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards
Casey Wong