[GRASS-user] Re: Cygwin winGRASS 6.2 Errors!

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Feb 13 17:00:40 EST 2007

If you are getting nothing when you type g.region -p, there is something
wrong with your installation. One issue that seems to come up more
frequently is that there is some problem with the gdal installation.

Michael

On 2/13/07 10:24 AM, "yuri bay" <ksh_wong at msn.com> wrote:

> To Hamish and everyone,
>

>> From: Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com>
>> To: "yuri bay" <ksh_wong at msn.com>
>> CC: grassuser at grass.itc.it, wingrass at grass.itc.it
>> Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] Re: Cygwin winGRASS 6.2 errors
>> Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:34:17 +1300
>>
>> yuri bay wrote:
>>>
>>> I have encountered the following error when I first time invoked the
>>> Cygwin  winGRASS 6.2 after I have successfully installed it.  I am
>>> using both native  binary and the new cygwin 6.2 winGRASS.  I have
>>> copy and past my GRASSDATA  dir into cygwin directory so that I can
>>> access the same data using cygwin  winGRASS.  But when I have selected
>>> the correct directory and mapset, the  following error occured on the
>>> xwindow:
>>>
>>> GRASS 6.2.1 (L_UK):~ > child process exited abnormally, by using gis.m
>>> on the xwin will give the same error.
>>
>> what does it say if you type "g.region -p" at that prompt?
>>
>> "d.mon x0" ?
>> "gis.m" ?
>
> With gis.m or "gis.m" the results are the same, child process exited
> abnormally
> With d.mon x0, a monitor is activated.
> With g.region -p, there is no respond or error
>
> and for all the child process errors shown on the Xwindow, the errors shown
> in the Cygwin command prompt is:
>
> winMultiWindowxMsgProcErrorHandler - Error: Badwindow (invalid Window
> parameter)
>
> What seem to be the problem?? why can I open a mapset within a location in
> the grass_data directory when they are properly configured?
>
> Any help is much appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Casey Wong

> Click Here To Find Your Perfect Match This Valentines!
> http://msnuk.match.com/

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213