[GRASS-user] creating ASTER DEMs?

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Wed Feb 14 12:11:10 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 12:44 -0200, Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann wrote:
> I was wondering how I could make an ASTER DEM in GRASS?

Could you give more information?  Are you trying to import an ASTER DEM
or are you trying to literally create one from nadir and off-axis
(stereo) ASTER imagery?

The first is relatively simple:
r.in.aster followed by r.null setnull=0

The second has no specific module, but is a well documented process.
That is an exercise left to the user as it is not exactly trivial.
Search your favorite search engine for "create aster dem".

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                    KB8UYR/6
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785