[GRASS-user] creating ASTER DEMs?

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 12:14:40 EST 2007

I am trying to create one from the original bands.

thanks, I will keep looking

Carlos

On 2/14/07, Brad Douglas <rez at touchofmadness.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 12:44 -0200, Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann wrote:
> > I was wondering how I could make an ASTER DEM in GRASS?
>
> Could you give more information?  Are you trying to import an ASTER DEM
> or are you trying to literally create one from nadir and off-axis
> (stereo) ASTER imagery?
>
> The first is relatively simple:
> r.in.aster followed by r.null setnull=0
>
> The second has no specific module, but is a well documented process.
> That is an exercise left to the user as it is not exactly trivial.
> Search your favorite search engine for "create aster dem".
>

> --
> Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                    KB8UYR/6
> Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke