[GRASS-user] Re: Cygwin winGRASS 6.2 Errors!

yuri bay ksh_wong at msn.com
Thu Feb 15 04:37:23 EST 2007

Hi,

>got it!
>
>$ cygcheck g.region
>
>shows that the fftw3 DLL couldn't be found.
>
>$ cygcheck i.pca
>
>shows that the jasper (JPEG 2000) DLL couldn't be found.

I have installed the fftw and jasper and have cygcheck the above and I have
a different errors:

Could not find cygcripto-0.9.8.dll and cygssl-0.9.8.dll, and I cannot seem
to find Crypto or SSl packages in cygwin install??

I have also tried after installing the fftw and jasper, to see if using xwin
on GRASS start up will work.  But I have the same child process error when
trying to start a mapset.  However I have the following TCLTK error when I
tried to use gis.m in cygwin command shell instead of xwin.  Is this because
I am not using xwin?

-Application initialization failed: no display name and no $Display
environment variable
-Error in start up script: dynamic loading is not currently available in
this system
-while executing
-"load /usr/local/lib/tk8.4/../libtk8.4.a Tk"
-("package ifneeded" script)
-invoked from within
-"package require TK 8.0"
-("package ifneeded" script)
-invoke from within
-"package require -exact BWidget 1.2.1"
-(file "/usr/local/grass-6.2.1/etc/gm/gm.tcl" line 24)

Many thanks for your help and advice.

Best Regards
Casey