[GRASS-user] Re: Cygwin winGRASS 6.2 Errors! (Working!)

yuri bay ksh_wong at msn.com
Fri Feb 16 06:47:49 EST 2007

Hi,

Thanks for the email and all your help.  I think my previous problem is the
mapset I have created, somehow it was not created properly.  I then try to
open the data created from my previous native binary winGRASS, and it works!
  So the problem is to install all the necessary stuffs, which from our
previous correspondences includes fftw3, jasper, openssl, libpd4 and
postgresql.  I think this is due to the way / mirror I used to download
cygwin packages.

Once I have these packages, I have to uninstall and install both cygwin and
grass, and now it is working.

Thanks again for all your help, I will now try the network analysis aspect
and also the simulation animation aspects, which i think work better
compares to the native binary winGRASS.

I have tried d.slide.show and the Output monitor shows the following
messages but without any monitors

Displaying vector maps....
G_Newmap1
G_Newmap2
G_Newmap3

G_Newmap* are a series of map with one point placed at a different location
for each G_Newmap, so that in a series they look like moving.  But there is
no graphic display for this process, only the output string from Output
monitor.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Best Regards