[GRASS-user] seed's beginners tutorial (Project Assist)

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 18 17:52:37 EST 2007

antonio rodriguez wrote:
..
> >> Does anybody has a copy of the data for this tutorial. The page no
> >> longer exists.

> In the past there was a small dataset called Leics which was very
> useful to give a light introduction to Grass. The dataset was
> downloadable from the Assist Project (Leicestershire University) But
> this link no longer exists within the tutorials page in Grass (even
> is mentioned there) I know that spearfish and imagery are more
> complete dataset, but I was willing to make a small presentantion
> with that one.

It is a very nice introduction to raster processing in GRASS (ver4.3).

sadly the tutorial is no longer online:
 http://www.geog.le.ac.uk/assist/grass/seeds/

but the wayback machine has a copy of both the data and the tutorial:
 http://web.archive.org/web/20060222110603/http://www.geog.le.ac.uk/assist/grass/seeds/

I've got a copy of both here, and have converted the tutorial into a 90
page PDF (400kb).

Unfortunately, AFAIK, we never got explicit permission to redistribute
the data+tutorial so couldn't host a copy at the GRASS website.
Maybe someone wants to track down the author(s) and update it for GRASS
6.2? It was nicely done.

Hamish