[GRASS-user] GRASS 6.2.1-1 Installation Question

Ramu Narayanan ramu.nm at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 22:54:04 EST 2007

Hello,
I have installed grass6.2.1-1 on my WindowsXP machine with cygwin
installed.  When I type grass62 in the xwin termainal window, the
introductory slash screen sucessfully appears.  I proceed to enter the gis
data directory, project location (spearfish60) and mapset (user1) and click
'Enter Grass'.  The following messages appear in the termainal window:

: command not found2.1/etc/Init.sh: line 480:
: command not found2.1/etc/Init.sh: line 480:
: command not found2.1/etc/Init.sh: line 480:
ERROR: Invalid return code from gis_set.tcl.
Please advise GRASS developers of this error.
/.gislock: No such file or directory
ERROR: /usr/local/grass-6.2.1/etc/lock:
rnarayan is currently running GRASS in selected mapset. Concurrent use not
allowed.

I have installed grass using the tcltk-grass package available on the mirror
site ( http://grass.ibiblio.org)

I had looked at Init.sh and therefore manually set the following environment
variables as they appeared on line 480:
TCLTKGRASSBASE
GRASS_WISH
to their respective directories but this did not have any affect.

Can someone inform me about what I might be doing incorrectly?

Ramu Narayanan